The required documents are a crucial part of your visa application.
These documents fall into two groups.
The first group is the standard required documents, which include:
- The visa application form
- A valid passport
- A clear copy of both the passport’s personal data page and Oman residence visa page
- Two recent, identical photos with a bright coloured background
- Medical and travel insurance policy – an original and a copy. The insurance should cover the places and duration of the stays in all Schengen countries. The insurance must provide a minimum of 30,000 Euros to cover the traveller, including the repatriation of a person to Oman in case of emergency
- Round trip reservation or flight itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area
- Proof of accommodation (a copy of a confirmed reservation for a hotel or an invitation – full page)
- Proof of financial means (e.g. bank statements for last 6 months)
The other group is the visa specific requirements. These documents and their specifications differ from one visa type to the other.
In addition, some of the Schengen member states have their own extra requirements for visa applicants.
Check here for the list of documents required for the Schengen visa application.
This includes the standard requirements, as well as the visa-specific requirements for each visa type.
For non-Omanis, a letter from the sponsor and a copy of a valid labour card is required.
For business purposes, a letter of invitation from the inviting company (in Europe) is required. The letter must be original or sent directly from the company to the embassy via fax or e-mail.
For children and minors (under 18 years) an authorisation from the parents signed by the parent allowing a minor to travel (with or without parents). A copy of the father’s and mother’s passports must accompany the authorisation.