Requesting a Laissez Passer
To request a Laissez Passer, Omani citizens should contact the nearest Omani Mission (Embassies, Consulates or Honorary Consulates) for help.
You can find more information about Oman’s missions abroad here.
They can also contact the Foreign Ministry’s Consular Department directly where advice will be given on the nearest Mission to approach. They can also contact the Ministry through their families in Oman.
Citizens requesting a Laissez Passer need to fill out and sign an application form. They must also provide
- An official police report for lost, stolen or damaged passports
- A copy of their National ID card
- A copy of their passport (if available)
- A recent photograph.
For travel permits for new-born babies, applicants must provide:
- An attested, official birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ passports
- Copies of both parents’ ID cards.
Depending on the situation, applicants may also have to provide a marriage certificate and Ministry of Interior certificate for marriage to non-Omanis.
It is also recommended that applicants inform the mission of the expected travel dates and route of travel back to Oman.